Mass Effect and Kingdoms of Amalur getting Promotional Crossover
It might sound like a mouthful, but two of the tastiest looking title for Q1 this year are nicely intertwined by offering gamers that experience the demo of each game with extra content for the other.
You can check out the official release beyond the link, but I would just skim to the pictures with a hearty ‘Hell Yeah!’ The Commander has never looked so good. Official press release follows.38 STUDIOS SUMMONS A DEMO FOR KINGDOMS OF AMALUR: RECKONING AND UNVEILS EXCLUSIVE MASS EFFECT 3 BONUSES FROM BIOWARE
Cross-Promotion Rewards Mass Effect 3 Fans with Exclusive Items Designed by Todd McFarlane and Reckoning Fans with Items Inspired by Mass Effect
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA – JANUARY 12, 2012 – The massive world of Amalur will finally break open when Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:EA) and 38 Studios, release a demo forKingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning™ on January 17, 2012. Available for the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and PC, the demo will give players a taste of the rich, diverse, action-packed world of Amalur, and will also unlock special items in the final game.
In addition to the demo, 38 Studios has teamed up with BioWare to create a cross promotion to reward fans of both Reckoning and Mass Effect 3*. By playing the upcoming demos for bothReckoning and Mass Effect 3, gamers will receive special in-game items, including Mass Effect inspired, Omni-blade daggers in Reckoning and special Reckoning-themed armor and assault rifle in Mass Effect 3 designed by award-winning artist Todd McFarlane.
“We are thrilled to have the opportunity to deliver this massive one-two punch with Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning and Mass Effect 3. We wanted to provide fans of the Mass Effectfranchise with a unique set of rewards for diving into the expansive universe of Reckoning,” said Curt Schilling, Chairman and Founder of 38 Studios.
“We are excited to be collaborating with 38 Studios to bring pieces inspired by the Mass Effectuniverse into the world of Reckoning and to have items designed by Todd McFarlane in Mass Effect 3,” said Dr. Ray Muzyka, General Manager of EA’s BioWare Label and Co-Founder of BioWare. “This is an awesome way to reward our fans with unique content that not only looks cool, but also delivers some great in-game benefits.”
By playing the Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning demo, gamers will receive two unlocks forMass Effect 3 when the highly anticipated game releases on March 8, 2012, both designed by the renowned creator of Spawn, Todd McFarlane:
- Reckoner Knight Armor: This armor will maximize damage done in close-quarters combat while a beefed–up power cell feeds energy into weapon systems to increase projectile velocity.
- The Chakram Launcher: This weapon uses a fabricator to manufacture lightweight, explosive ammunition discs. This weapon is earned after completing the Reckoningdemo and watching the trailer at the end.
By playing the upcoming Mass Effect 3 demo, fans will unlock the following items forReckoning when the game launches on February 9, inspired by Mass Effect:
- N7 Armor: Players can unlock special armor inspired by Commander Shepard’s iconic N7 battle armor including Helm, Cuirass, Gauntlets, Chausses and Greaves.
- Onmiblade Daggers: A holographic blade stemming from Commander Shepard’s Omni-Tool, the Omni-blade allows players to stab enemies in close combat. Once players install and play the Mass Effect 3 demo, they will unlock the daggers.
The Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning demo features the introduction to the game, allowing players to experience the game’s Tutorial Mode and a portion of its large, open world. Players will create and customize their hero and drop right into the action. Once players master the basics, they will have 45 minutes to explore the vast world of Amalur and begin to embark upon a quest that could redefine their character’s destiny forever.
In addition to the Mass Effect items above, players who play the Reckoning demo will also unlock:
- Twist of Fate Card: This card boosts the player’s ice resistance and is immediately unlocked when he or she activates the Reckoning demo using his or her Origin account.
- Twinned Souls Chakram: A unique weapon that damages enemies while boosting player health and mana in Reckoning.
- The Infernal Helm: Unlocked after completing the Reckoning Tutorial Mode, this protective helmet increases players’ fire damage throughout Amalur.
One thought on “Mass Effect and Kingdoms of Amalur getting Promotional Crossover”
Two awesome games I’m looking forward to playing. So I guess I’m the perfect target for this kind of marketing.
Comments are closed.